Sheffield Hallam University, The University of Sheffield and Sheffield City Region Growth Hub staff have moved to home working due to coronavirus and we continue to deliver regional support in response to a wide range of business needs through Sheffield Innovation Programme (SIP) and other business support mechanisms. This includes challenges faced by companies during the current crisis and we are actively adapting our delivery methods in order to respond remotely with bespoke academic support, group-based webinars and any other support we can offer.
Support in some areas may be limited due to lack of access to laboratory equipment and facilities, however we remain keen to explore opportunities with businesses. For more information email email@example.com
Government measures have been introduced to support businesses during the coronavirus crisis, these include:
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – businesses can apply for a grant to cover 80% of the salary of workers during business shut down. Operated through HMRC it is expected that the portal to submit support requests will be open mid to late April.
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) – supports businesses experiencing disruption to their trade and operations as a direct result of coronavirus. Businesses that need to respond to cashflow pressures can seek additional finance by approaching one of 40+ accredited lenders with a borrowing proposal. This scheme targets SMEs with a large business CBILS to be launched in the near future.
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme – apply for a grant to cover 80% of average monthly profits from the preceding three years. The scheme will be available from June with claims backdated to 1 March and will be operated by HMRC.
- A statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs – a repayment mechanism for employers to be established as soon as possible.
- Support around tax payments through HMRCs Time To Pay Scheme – call the HMRC dedicated helpline on 0800 0159 559.
- A business rate relief for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England.
- Small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief and Rural Rates Relief. If eligible, you will be contacted by your local authority.
- Grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000. If eligible, you will be contacted by your local authority.
Access more information about government support here.
The Sheffield City Region Growth Hub has a growing portal of resources, information and support available. Should businesses need support in any area, they are encouraged to contact the Growth Hub or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org