The Sheffield Innovation Programme is offering funded graduate-level internships to support scientific research in the region.
Innovation bursaries fund short (6–8 weeks) lab-based research and development projects that will have a clear impact on business growth and future research and development strategy for SMEs in the region. Projects will be delivered by graduating students working within a university department under the supervision and guidance of an experienced academic.
Academic leads will work with you to help define your project and apply for the funding. Your application should be for a project that can be realistically undertaken within a maximum of eight weeks.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Have a clear element of technical challenge
- Impact on business growth
- Actively demonstrate new product development
- Have a pathway to future collaborative research and development
To apply for the innovation bursary, your company must be eligible for the Sheffield Innovation Programme. Please contact us for details.
- Deadline for project applications: TBA
- Projects to begin by TBA
Research expenses are not provided and a minimum fee of £300 will be charged to cover consumable costs.
Sheffield Hallam University is offering SMEs in the region funded support worth up to £15,000 to help give your business a competitive advantage.
The Proving Innovation competition funds feasibility research for projects that will have a clear impact on business growth. Successful applicants will receive up to 25 days of a specialist academic’s time, who will explore the commercial potential of your idea by:
- reviewing research evidence and identifying possible applications
- assessing business opportunities
- validating initial concepts through experimental studies
You’ll work with the academic to define your project and apply for the funding together. Priority will be given to innovative projects that:
- Have a clear element of technical and academic challenge
- Support the development of innovative technologies and processes
- Have a pathway for future collaborative Research and Development
- Have a significant commercial impact
Applications are open to projects that can be realistically undertaken within six months and can be completed before July 2019. Your company must also be eligible for the Sheffield Innovation Programme, please contact us for details. Only one project application is allowed per company.
- Deadlines for applications: 2 November 2018, 4th January 2019
Contact us to find out more.